Bake a difference this November and take part in the 16 Days of Activism - the UN campaign to end violence against women and girls.
25 November - 10 December 2019
Every cake, pie and quiche you bake will make a difference. Funds you've raised will help us support over 6,000 women and will benefit over 3,500 children a year in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Could pay for us to take call on our 24-hour Freephone Helpline and support a woman to get the help she needs
Could provide food for a woman and her children for a week, who have no home, money or possessions
Could pay for a woman and her children to buy things to set up a new home after leaving our refuge
Who baked for us?
Home Brewery Building, Notts County Council
Nottinghamshire County Council’s staff at the Home Brewery Building transformed their offices into a bake sale! Thanks to the staff, especially Ali, who raised an amazing £291
How to run a bake sale or afternoon tea
- Sign up – and receive your free how to guide with everything you need to hold your bake sale
- Pick a date – Bake a Difference runs throughout September but you can hold it any time that suits you
- Pick a venue – at work, at home, at school, in the park – the choice is yours!
- Get baking – and get your friends to bake or buy (we won’t tell anyone!)
- Invite your friends – eat cake, have fun and raise as much as you can to help change lives (and it will)
Sign up to todaySign up here to join in the fun and do something amazing. We’ll send you a free ‘How to Guide’ by email so you can start planning your event
Why Bake a Difference for Juno, Women’s Aid?
£25… could help us take a call on our 24-hour Freephone Helpline and support a woman to get the help she needs*
£50… could provide food for a destitute woman and her children for a week, when no public funds are available
£177… could provide basic costs for a woman or a child to stay in our refuge for a month
£450… could help a woman and her children set up her new home after leaving our refuge
£3,000… could provide an 8-10 week Freedom Programme (healthy relationships course) for up 12 women, helping them to recognise abusive behaviours in future relationships
*For every call received, we make an average of seven outgoing calls to help each woman.